Powershell Connection

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 7
sachin.gangarde Posted: 02-27-2012 7:26 AM

Hi Expert,

I am new newbie to powershell. I am creating the application (asp.net , c#) which should create the user in Active directory on my office server. I want to run that application on my laptop which is not part of any domain. The machine whose powershell i am calling is a server machine; but my laptop is not part of any domain. Is it possible to play with active directory using powershell outside the domain.Please guide me.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 341
Top Contributor

Of course you can achieve this!

The RSAT tools run on Windows 7 and make use of some web services you need to add to your AD. These require either at least a Windows Server 2008 R2 DC in the AD or, you can download the web service for downlevel OSs. That will allow you to run cmdlets locally to create a user.

But that's only part of the answer, I think, to your query. In terms of running the PowerShell script/pipeline from within an application, the answer is you can achieve this. You need to work through the authenication. I suspect as long as the C# application is running with the right credentials, you can create and use a run space to run the necessary scripts. It's what Exchange does for example. But how to do this is not so much a PowerShell issue and a ASP.NET problem.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright 2012 PowerShell.com. All rights reserved.