Great news! We added tons of new cool features to PowerShell Plus!
Version 22.214.171.124 (PowerShell Plus 2.1 Beta1) will shortly be publicly available. Please monitor the new Beta Place!
visit Beta Place
The Beta Place is the place where we post information about the PSP Beta.
We also invite all of you to leave your feedback related to the Beta such as bug reports, feature suggestions, etc.
Here are some of the things you find in the new beta:
- Support for VBScript: Start to edit, test and run VBScripts side-by-side with PowerShell. We understand many scripters come from the VBScript world and still use VBScript a lot. With this new feature, you get rich intellisense-like code completion for VBScript including code completion for objects, WMI and ADSI.
- Support for PowerShell V2: While PowerShellPlus only requires PS V1, the beta now offers rich support for PS V2 including support for block comments and additional cmdlet parameters. In addition, PSP automatically detects new snapins and cmdlets and updates the learning center accordingly.
- Improved PowerShell code completion: you now get the same rich code completion already present in our editor also in the console. Enjoy the probably most comprehensive code completion available with the ability to switch directly to our comprehensive learning center, search for examples in the Internet and visit MSDN to look up .NET methods and properties. Never has it been easier to leverage the power of PowerShell!
- Search for examples and download them into the editor: from within the editor, download code samples with our download wizard. Search for keywords and find scripts both in PoSH code repository and the script library here at powershell.com. Once you select a sample, you can directly load it into the PSP editor and run it.
- Upload your own examples: Contribute to our script library and earn credit towards our awards program. Simply upload any script from within the editor to powershell.com script library. It's easy and just takes a couple of clicks. Note that uploading content is available to all registered powershell.com members.
These are only some of the new features we added. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks a lot for your incredible feedback and your suggestions. We strive to make PowerShell Plus better and better and serve your needs. PowerShell Plus 2.1 Beta will be available for download shortly. We'll announce the availability here on powershell.com.
Cheers and a great WE to all of you,
(PowerShell Plus Architect)
Jan 31 2009, 10:21 AM